- We're about to roll out an overall user engagement messaging tool
- It will prompt people to register/edit/whatever at key points in their interaction with Wikia
- We're looking at registration/editing behavior to see how we can influence these as a first step.
- We've made a few small enhancements to editing ... you can see them here: http://communitytest.wikia.com
- when you click "edit" look on the left side for the help panel
- when you're editing and inserting a link, type "[[a"
- -you should see "search suggest" functionality to complete the link.
- -you can do this for image links, too.
- -works for FF/IE on Mac/XP (not Safari as it has positioning issues).
- add a character or two then hit "save" and look for some suggestions on other pages to edit.
- users can now easily put widgets anywhere with the <widget> parser tag
- admins can put these anywhere - on any page they want (it's just a regular parser tag).
- using the "wiki page in a widget" widget they can easily make their own
- here's a test page - the server for this is in Poland so it might be slow to load.
- we're about to ramp up on SEO
- Brian is focused on the new image uploader, registration/login flows, and user email validation.